Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Big Professional Blog Topic...

Hmmm... what to do, what to do...

Originally I was thinking about doing something trivia-related, something pub-quizzy, something that would make you ponder and pontificate on the various miscellaneous and arcane information that pops up in our everyday lives.

But then again... could I make a decent buck at it if I needed to? Could I get a following of readers outside of the group of my pub quiz regulars and assorted hangers-on?

Well, probably not. Got to think bigger. Think of a real need... something that I could contribute on a daily basis that would not only get people interested, but coming back for more.

Well, I do happen to know a little bit about shooting video, as I've done that for 15 years. And I do know, from transferring tons of other people's home videos to DVD, that a LOT of people could really use some pointers on how to shoot video.

So there's my angle, my niche, my topic. Simple, effective, and something that would attract a lot more people to my professional site than any list of trivia questions could attempt to do:

How to shoot home videos. Effectively. Productively. And most of all, make it actually watchable to people who aren't your relatives.

So, for those of you who happen to read this... would a how-to-shoot-video blog appeal to you? Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I have been wanting to take a class forever. It hangs over me like one of those things you KNOW you would love to do, but don't have spare time for it. So, yeah, maybe this would interest me. Especially if there were speed lessons. If it were set up so I could learn things fast.

    ReplyDelete