Monday, January 31, 2011

The Pro Blog Name Possibilities

Now that I've gotten a big thumbs up on the direction I should take the pro blog (how to take better home movies), I've gotta come up with a snappy and effective blog title that'll bring in the masses.

Let's toss a few out there and see what people like:

1. HOME MOVIE MAKEOVERS

It's a play on the "Extreme Home Makeover" deal. I purposely avoided using the word "extreme" as that word's been used FAR too often in the last ten years. This title could work better with the post-production of your video... more on the editing of it after it's been shot.

2. CAMCORDER WHIZ

This could focus more on how to shoot better, lessening the problems with editing later on. Plus, I only saw a total of 7 results of the phrase "Camcorder Whiz" on Google, so this could work. Other possibilities close to this could be "Camcorder Magic" or "Camcorder Class". On the flip side, would having "camcorder" in the title exclude those people who use iPhones and the like to shoot their video?

3. TAKE BETTER VIDEOS

Right to the point. Quite a few places online already uses this phrase in various ways, so it wouldn't be a unique or catchy name... probably a pass on this one.

4. VIDEO SKILLS 101

A tutorial angle to this name... also, this phrase is practically nonexistent on the net. This could be a solid one.

So, any winners in the bunch? Comment please, and let me know what you like or don't like.

2 comments:

  1. I like camcorderwhiz. Although it doesn't sound professional enough of a topic. Camcorder doesn't sound like Video camera. I need videographyforidiots or greatvideotechniques. But, camcorderwhiz is whimsical and fun. Maybe. I am too serious.

    Home movie makeovers is a different market than me, but I like it. I don't do home videos. I wish I did. Takebettervideos is close to being very good for me, too. It is to the point. Videoskills101 makes me think of courses online that suck. But, maybe that target audience would be all over this.

    ReplyDelete