Sunday, January 30, 2011

Five Other Blogs I Could Care About

So, before I took the wife and kids to Disney World last week (I'll save THAT whole enchilada for another day), I mentioned five blogs that I actually read, along with mentioning that I didn't really read any other blogs of note.

Forces beyond my control (OK, so it's my teacher's request) want me to list ten blogs, so I did a little searching to see what I could dig up that could be of interest to me.

So here ya go... five more blogs that may just hold my interest longer than the time it took to find them:

1. I'm a Cubbie lifer, so what better way to pass the next hundred years of ineptitude than by reading how others deal with the pain over at Bleacher Nation. Seeing all the links in Cubbie blue is a nice touch.

2. While planning the aforementioned Disney trip, I came across some valuable tips at The Fun Family Site. You can check this particular blogger's tips for vacations, "staycations", and at-home activities to keep the kids happy.

3. Being on a long trip, I was blissfully unaware of anything news-related in the world, so when I came back and found out that the Oscar nominations were unveiled, I went to the New York Time's movie awards blog, The Carpetbagger, to catch up on all of the hoopla. It seems like an excellent source of movie award info and prognostication, so I'll be sure to check this out quite often in the next few days to help out my Oscar pool chances.

4. My son's developed into quite a nice little chess player - he's the best in his third grade class, so finding a decent chess site for him would be nice. Although My Chess Blog might be somewhat advanced reading for an 8-year old, I do happen to like the particular layout of this site.

5. While I was perusing Time.com's "Best Blogs of 2010" article just a few minutes ago, one of their entries was for Pitchfork.com, a music site that targets the new indie music cuts and CDs that you won't find on regular radio. And since I've actually checked out Pitchfork quite a bit over the years in an attempt to find cool songs and stay young while I can, this will do quite nicely as my last entry in this task.

No comments:

Post a Comment